SubjectRe: lan based kgdb
On Sat, 2002-11-16 10:33:57 -0800, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>
wrote in message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0211161025500.15838-100000@home.transmeta.com>:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> >
> > LAN latencies should be low enough that waiting on an ACK for each
> > packet will do just fine for error correction. If someone wants to do
> > remote debugging, they can ssh into a debugging machine on the same LAN.
>
> Basically, I don't personally care too much for kgdb itself, but I see a
> asynchronous LAN console as a more generic tool for just doing not just
> kernel debugging, but management in general. syslogd is fine for when the

...which reminds me to DEC's MOP (Maintainence and Operator's Protocol),
which is ethernet (but not IP) based remote console and a mixture of
bootp/tftp. Sure, we won't (yet) go as far as sending the next kernel to
boot via our new console protocol to kexec(), but wait for the very
first S-Records to arrive:-p

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.111 / U:0.124 seconds]