SubjectRe: lan based kgdb
Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Otherwise the concept gives me security nightmares.

Bah, there are a few Fundamental Truths of Networking Simplification
that we can absolutely rely on:

- it is perfectly safe to require that a given port be connected only
to a secure and trusted network
- if you design a protocol not to work over a WAN, everybody will
respect this, and deploy it only on LANs
- if any of the above constraints is no longer tenable, people will
carefully redesign the protocol in question, and replace the
installed base
- all LANs have simple, well-understood characteristics - now and

After all, SNMP, FSP, LANE, NAT, WEP, etc. can't be wrong (-:C

And yes, I can vividly imagine users of dedicated hosts rush to switch
on that remote console the very moment it becomes available, and use
it across half of the planet.

- Werner

/ Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina /

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.068 / U:0.252 seconds]