    SubjectRe: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.
    On 2002-11-14T18:35:47,
    "Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com> said:

    > Hmmm ... I'm not sure that being that restrictive is going to help.
    > Whilst bugs against any randomly patched version of the kernel
    > probably aren't that interesting, things in major trees like -mm,
    > -ac, -dj etc are likely going to end up in mainline sooner or later
    > anyway ... wouldn't you rather know of the breakage sooner rather
    > than later?

    Simple answer:

    Bugreports in specific patchsets / kernel trees should first be sent to the
    respective maintainer (mailing list, real person, distributor, whatever) and
    then be "filtered" by that person into the consolidated "vanilla" bugzilla.

    Anything else is madness. (Anything else also won't fit into the support
    models of RH, SuSE, UL ...)

    Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

    --
    Principal Squirrel
    SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

    "If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
    -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy -- Louis Pasteur