SubjectRe: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.
>> Also if you have already used this kernel Bugzilla database,
>> you might have noticed that many components are currently
>> owned by Martin or myself. As Martin pointed out in his
>> announcement, this is not because we are "egomaniacs", but
>> rather because the rightful owners (or those who know enough
>> about these components and want to volunteer to work bugs)
>> have not been registered yet. Martin and I will try our best
>> to turn over these components to their rightful "owners"
>> as soon as we can. We are still learning the "ropes" on
>> how to do this effectively, so it will take some time
>> (not too long we hope). Thanks.
>
> IMO it would probably be better for you two if all bugs without "real" owners had bugs assigned to notaperson@bugzilla.kernel.org, or something like that. That will not only ease useless emails sent to you and Martin and other admins, but also make it easier for kernel hackers to figure out which bugs are _really_ unassigned and need owners.

Sounds good - I'll see if we can set something like that up.
I'm happy for pretty much anything owned by "mbligh@aracnet.com"
to be stolen away ;-)

How about you give me a week to try to persaude the "real" owners
to volunteer (that's actually going really well), and then I'll
send out an email, listing which categories are still ownerless ...

M.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.054 / U:0.420 seconds]