    SubjectRe: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available
    This is much of what I hoped to do with the Linux Quality Database:

    http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/

    alas, the dot-com crash happened, and I've been struggling so hard to keep my
    little business afloat that I never had enough time to devote to it. It's good
    to see that someone has set up a bug tracking system that will be a little more
    accessible to the public than a high-traffic mailing list.

    I have some suggestions about how you could improve upon bugzilla to make the
    database more useful for kernel developers. I mention them on the page above
    and in my comment in the slashdot discussion about the new bugbase:

    http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=45108&cid=4675035

    I didn't consider using bugzilla at first because it didn't have the
    capabilities of storing configuration info the way I wanted. No bugbase I have
    ever used has done that, although I would consider it to be a very basic
    feature for a bug database for kernel bug tracking. I'd meant to write a
    database app from scratch to do that, which was really more than I could
    handle. More recently I'd been contemplating modifying bugzilla to do what I
    want, but these last few months have been really hectic.

    Some have pointed out their desire for a vendor-neutral location for the bug
    database. When I asked around about who could host it, some commercial
    companies offerred to, but I went with http://sunsite.dk/ in large part because
    they were not part of any company.

    The one thing I _have_ been able to do is write some articles on kernel quality
    in particular and software quality in general. You'll find them here:

    http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/

    The OSDL has been kind enough to mirror the kernel testing articles as well as
    translate them into Japanese. I encourage others to mirror or translate my
    articles - they are all published under the GNU Free Documentation License.

    Regards,

    Michael D. Crawford
    http://www.goingware.com/
    crawford@goingware.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.029 / U:91.284 seconds]