    SubjectRe: [BENCHMARK] 2.4.{18,19{-ck9},20rc1{-aa1}} with contest
    On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 08:58:43PM +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
    > >> to do IO work. Unfortunately it is now busy starving the scheduler in the
    > >> mean time, much like the 2.5 kernels did before the deadline scheduler was
    > >> put in.
    > Ok I fully retract the statement. I should not pass judgement on what part of
    > the kernel has changed the benchmark results, I'll just describe what the

    actually Wil pointed out to me privately you meant I/O scheduler, you
    just never mentioned the name "I/O" so I mistaken if for the process
    scheduler, sorry (I should have understood from the deadline adjective).
    It makes sense what you said once parsed as I/O scheduler of course.

    Next week I will check the changes in your tree and I'll try to
    reproduce the dbench numbers on my 4-way with very high I/O and disk
    bandwith and I'll let you know the numbers I get here. It maybe simply
    the different elevator default values and fixes in 2.4.20rc, but I
    recall that you still win compared to -r0 somewhere (according to your
    numbers). It's pointless from my part to discuss this further now until
    I've the whole picture of the changes you did, the whole picture on the
    contest source code, and after I can reproduce every single result you
    posted here. Hope to be able to comment further ASAP.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:19.552 seconds]