    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.40 - and a feature freeze reminder

    Wouldn't it make more sense, or at least be more fair, to move the
    deadline in the other direction if you are going on vacation/away?
    We're going to have trouble getting reiser4 ready before the Halloween
    date you announced, and we are working long hours as it is. reiser4 is
    dramatically better and dramatically faster than reiserfs.

    Hans

    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    >And a small reminder that we're now officially in the last month of
    >features, and since I'm going to be away basically the last week of
    >October, so I actually personally consider Oct 20th to be the drop-date,
    >unless you've got a really good and scary costume.. So don't try to leave
    >it to the last day.
    >
    >[ And if that didn't worry you, the following should: I'm perfectly happy
    > with the kernel, and as such whatever features _you_ think are missing
    > might just not weigh too much with me if you then also make the mistake
    > of trying to leave them for the last crunch. I might just take the last
    > day off too ;]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.033 / U:1.316 seconds]