    SubjectLinux 2.5.41-ac1
    Date
    This is basically about making it compile. I've not tried to tackle the
    second problem of testing it all yet.

    Linux 2.5.41-ac1

    - Merge with Linus 2.5.41
    - Drop S/390 drivers subtree for Linus
    - Drop task queue fixes for schedule_work
    - TODO: merge two sets of conflicting UML changes
    - TODO: double check bluetooth merge
    o Fix aacraid makefile (Mark Haverkamp)
    o Fix ips compile (Paul Larson)
    o Fix aha152x compile (Michel Eyckmans)
    o Fix orinoco_cs compile (Wichert Akkerman, Martin Waitz)
    o Fix i2o_core compiler (Gregoire Favre)
    o Fix missing exports for netfilter
    o Fix compile failure in jffs (me)
    o Fix compile failure in jffs2 (me)
    o Fix Divas_Mod compile (me)
    o Fix hisax compile (me)
    o Fix ipacx compile (me)
    o Fix pcbit compile (me)
    o Fix tpam compile (me)
    o Fix i2o_lan build (me)
    o Fix i2o_proc build (me)
    o Fix ppa compile (me)
    o Fix imm compile (me)
    o Fix ipv6 compile (me)

    Linux 2.5.40-ac6
    o Cadet_wake can be static (me)
    o Bluetooth configuration cleanups (Marcel Holtmann)
    o Hardwired empty bar handling fix take two (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Use kernel crc32 lib for bluetooth (Marcel Holtmann)
    o Make scsi cdrom honour passed timeouts (Peter Osterlund)
    o Make aironet4500_cs compile (me)
    o Fix bugs where ibmtr unmapped the wrong address (me)
    o Fix crash problem in oss dmabuf.c (me)
    | Its still very broken but ALSA should replace it
    o Fix opl3sa2 warnings (me)
    o Make tcic compile again (me)
    o Make i82365 also use del_timer_sync (me)
    o Fix warnings in fpu emulator (me)
    o Fix t128 for NCR5380 changes (me)
    o Fix pas16 for NCR5380 changes (me)
    o Fix dmx3191 for NCR5380 changes (me)
    o First pass seagate st02 cleanups (me)
    o Clean up de600 driver. Switch to spinlocks (me)
    remove crud, formatting junk etc
    | Still needs rewriting to use parport
    o Remove extra unlock in wd7000 (Matthew Wilcox)
    o First basic pass at qlogicgas (me)
    o Clean up the fdomain isa scsi (me)
    o Clean up max_thread setting limits (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Ricoh cardbus performance fix (KOMURO)
    * Switch appletalk to seq_file /proc (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Switch X.25 to seq_file (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Fix bugs in the above (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

    Linux 2.5.40-ac5
    o Rework S/390 driver init sequences (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Swap immediate_bh for tasklets for s/390 3215 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o UML updates - crash fixes, driver cleanup (Jeff Dike)
    pcap transport
    * Switch fmi radio card to sleeping waits (me)
    * Fixing missing printk \n in fmi radio (me)
    o Update to newer uclinux patch (Greg Ungerer)
    | Unresolved now:
    | fs/exec.c kernel/fork.c procfs sysctl
    | can nommu be folded in (Hch)
    o Remove surplus irq_disable from mpt fusion (Carlos Gorges)
    * Export gdt for APM (Carlos Gorges)
    | Marked as _GPL because its deep internals stuff
    o Merge the add/put disk gendisk changes for i2o (Al Viro)
    * Switch NCR5380/g_NCR5380 to new_eh (me)
    * Fix cs89x0 netdevice init as module (me)
    o Change some of the wd7000 code to use
    udelay and do other cleanups
    o Switch wd7000 to new_eh (me)
    o Serial driver updates (Russell King)
    o Sync bluetooth with 2.4, fix SMP, hotplug (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    support L2CAP, BNEP, HCI filter etc
    o Move firmwareloading to hotplug for bluetooth (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * Pull hpfs out of shared struct superblock (Brian Gerst)
    o Fix sleep with pre-empt disabled in (Manfred Spraul)
    set_cpus_allowed

    Linux 2.5.40-ac4
    * Make ibm partition code compile again (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Remove unneeded config options on S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Update DASD drivers (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Update S/390 xpram driver (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Replace S/390 BH code by tasklets (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Fix S/390 bitops bugs (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o S/390x 31bit emulation fixes (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Update S/390 link scripts (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Add S/390 pre-empt support (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Inline some S/390 old compilers couldnt handle (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Use diag 44 for S/390x spinlocks (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Better S/390 timer handling (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * S/390 code cleanups (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Clean up S/390 fpu load/stores (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o DECnet updates for testing (Steve Whitehouse)
    * Add console shutdown handling to S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Remove some bogus S/390 sanity checks (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Clean up S/390 process irq (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Fix/simplify chpids handling on S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * No /proc/interrupts on S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Remove now unneeded S/390 hack in init/main.c (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Clean up all the S/390 ptrace handling (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Fix build with local apic enabled (James Bottomley)
    o Initial i2o_block merge of 2.4/2.5 code (me)
    | Not yet functional
    o Initial i2o_scsi merge of 2.4/2.5 code (me)
    | Needs dma mapping, 64bit, be and new_eh
    o Revert Ivan's pci change (breaks serverworks)
    * PCI serial oops fix (William Irwin)
    * Remove dead wood from unistd.h (Brian Gerst)
    o Fix bug in capget (Chris Wright)
    o Switch qnxfs to new style initializers (Art Haas)
    o Recongize qnx v6 file systems (Anders Larsen)
    * Kill off remaining pcibios_ users (Greg "Ninja Turtle" Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix scsi debug for scsi scan changes (Mike Anderson)
    o Fix some bugs in scsi error handling (Mike Andersen)
    o Forward port RMK's 2.4 scsi fixes (Mike Andersen)
    o Allow longer settle times for scsi reset (Mike Andersen)
    o Hopefully improve error policies a bit (Mike Andersen)

    Linux 2.5.40-ac3
    * Resync telephony drivers with 2.4 (me)
    | Forward port security and other minor fixes
    o Fix aironet4500 build for tq changes (me)
    o Fix keyspan USB warnings with gcc 3 (me)
    o Switch to the newer 2.4 depca driver (me)
    o Re-merge depca fixes from 2.5.0->2.5.40]
    o Fix depca spinning waiting for irq probe (me)
    o Fix depca copy with interrupts off (me)
    o Fix depca clash with other ALIGN macros (me)
    * Initial port of NCR5380/g_NCR5380 to new locks (me)
    | This still needs new_eh, further clean up
    | and possibly making NCR5380_main a thread
    * Initial locking rework for the wd7000 scsi (me)
    | Still needs new_eh
    * Update jffs to the dequeue_signal changes (me)
    * Update jffs2 to the dequeue_signal changes (me)
    * Fix shpnt misuse in NCR53c406a, wrong free_irq (me)
    * Update NCR53c406a to new style sglist (me)
    | Still needs new_eh
    * Architecture updates for S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Include updates for S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Base S/390 driver updates (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Add the new syscalls to S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Fix sleeping with locks in sound_core (Jaroslav Kysela)
    o Fix oops on shutdown of cs4281 (Suresh Siddha)
    o Fix cdrom paths in devfs (Jordan Breeding)
    o Fix missing cache tag entry in intel cpu table (Jean Delvare)
    * Remove old 2.2 compatibility pci functions (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Clean up some dead devfs bits (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix an oops in the hugetblpage stuff (Andrew Morton)
    | Its still a stupid idea but now it doesnt oops
    o Handle read only BARs with type bits set (Ivan Kokshaysky)

    Linux 2.5.40-ac2
    * Fix a cut and paste error in the amd rng docs (Troels Hansen)
    * Forward port OSS maestro3 fixes for toughbook
    o Forward port ramdisk cache coherency
    o RTL8150 USB updates (Petko Manalov)
    o Fix corega USB ident (Petko Manalov)
    o USB keyboard driver fix (Dave Miller)
    o USB prototype fix (Luc Vanoostenryck)
    o USB string fixes (cip307@cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de)
    o USB test driver (David Brownell)
    o Speedtouch USB driver fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Clean environment for hotplug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix mprotect oops (Hugh Dickins)
    o NUMA-Q cleanups (Martin Dobson)
    o Split timers into one x86 timer type per file (John Stultz)
    o Cyclone timer support for x440 etc (John Stultz)
    * Fix sleeping from illegal context for ioperm (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix imm compile (bonganilinux@mweb.co.za)
    o Fix irda for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix xjack telephony build (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix ppa compile (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix aha152x compile for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix hamradio drivers for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix plip driver for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix mpt fusion for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix isdn for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix ieee1394 for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix new timer code to build with cpufreq on (me)
    o Fix capi build for new tq_ code (me)
    | ISDN still needs moving to real locks
    | this just cleans up one item
    o Fix missing header in mtdblock_ro (Carlos Gorges)
    o Fix a typo and other header (me)
    o Fix up ixj_pcmcia for 2.5 (me)
    | Note for janitors - it looks like a lot of the pcmcia release
    | code people "fixed" should be using del_timer_sync not del_timer
    * Fix missing header in longhaul cpu speed driver (me)
    * Pipe read/write cleanup (Manfred Spraul)
    * Make IDE PCI config text clearer (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)

    Linux 2.5.40-ac1
    + Initial port of aacraid driver to 2.5 (me)
    * vfat corruption fix (Petr Vandrovec)
    + Clean up firestream warnings (Francois Romieu)
    + Voyager support (James Bottomley)
    * Fix split_vma (Hugh Dickins)
    + Fix config in video subdirectory (John Levon)
    + Update olympic driver to 2.5 (Mike Phillips)
    * Fix sg init error (Mike Anderson)
    + Fix Rules.make
    o Merge most of ucLinux stuff (Greg Ungerer)
    | It needs putting somewhere so we can pick over the
    | hard bits left
    | Q: Wouldn't drivers/char/mem-nommu.c be better
    | Q: How to do the procfs stuff tidily
    | Q: Wouldn't it be nicer to move all mm or mmnommu specific ksyms
    | int the relevant mm/*.c file area instead of kernel/ksyms
    | Q: Why ifdef out overcommit - its even easier to account on
    | MMUless and useful info
    * Stick tulip back under 10/100 ethernet (me)
    * Correct docs for IBM touchpad back to how (me)
    they were before
    o Fix abuse of set_bit in winbond-840 (me)
    * Fix abuse of set_bit in atp (me)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.044 / U:0.088 seconds]