    SubjectRe: New BK License Problem?
    On 7 Oct 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 20:06, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
    > > If BK migrates to proprietary format everybody will notice and you'll still
    > > have the opportunity to rescue a not too old repository and carry on with
    > > life using whatever alternate SCM you wish. If such a thing happened Lary
    > > would be publicly and universally discredited and he's not looking for that
    > > I'm sure.
    > If BK migrates to a proprietary format the code won't be in the
    > preferred form of the work for making modifications.

    Because you think BK will still have the backing of all kernel developers
    using it today if that happens? Some might find BK's nice to use despite its
    license, but locking the main kernel repository into a proprietary format is
    totally unacceptable for most if not all of them I'm sure. That's why Larry
    won't go that route or he'll lose the Linux kernel user base right away.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:119.240 seconds]