    SubjectRe: QLogic Linux failover/Load Balancing ER0000000020860
    On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 05:19, jbradford@dial.pipex.com wrote:
    > > > Linux is not allowed to address LUNs out of sequence, so searching for
    > > > further LUN numbers stops after 0, since 2 is the next one.
    >
    > That's not true:
    >
    > CONFIG_SCSI_REPORT_LUNS:
    >
    > If you want to build with SCSI REPORT LUNS support i the kernel, say Y here.
    > The REPORT LUNS command is useful for devices (such as disk arrays) with large numbers of LUNs where the LUN values are not contiguous (sparse LUN).
    > REPORT LUNS scanning is done only for SCSI-3 devices.

    I believe my kernel has that configured. I will look when I wake. It's
    530 am now, and I've been setting up my volumes for a while now. Just
    about time to go to sleep, then wake up and install oracle. :)

    > > > Is there a way to resolve this, either at the driver level, IMHO the
    > > > place it *should* happen. At the storage level, the place that it could
    > > > also happen, or in the Kernel?
    >
    > This is new in 2.5.x

    I see. ATM I'm using 2.4.19, but would like to get to 2.4.20, because of
    the TG3 fixes.

    > John.
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.028 / U:0.016 seconds]