    SubjectSupport for Mount Rainier / Packet Writing
    Hi all.

    Now that feature freeze is just around the corner I would like to ask
    you if we will get support for packet writing in the 2.6/3.0 kernel. It
    would be especialy nice to have support for Mount Rainier which enables
    easy use of CD-RWs and that would help people (especially newbies) that
    use CD-RWs a lot.

    There are some patches from Jens Axboe that are available here:
    http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/packet/2.5/

    Are patches these OK for this or would support have to be completely
    rewriten?

    Thanks in advance for any information about this important feature for
    many people.

    --
    Live long and prosper!