    SubjectRe: New BK License Problem?
    Hans Reiser wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Greetings all,
    >> I noticed Larry recently changed the license on bk. Once clause in
    >> particular struck me and I thought I'd better point it out for your
    >> reactions...
    >> Specifically from Section 3:
    >> (d) Notwithstanding any other terms in this License, this
    >> License is not available to You if You and/or your
    >> employer develop, produce, sell, and/or resell a
    >> product which contains substantially similar capabil-
    >> ities of the BitKeeper Software, or, in the reason-
    >> able opinion of BitMover, competes with the BitKeeper
    >> Software.
    > Seems like a pretty straightforward violation of the anti-trust laws,
    > and a conspiracy to restrain trade...

    I Am Not A Lawyer, but AFAIK the anti-trust laws in no way obligate
    a business to aid its own competitors.

    Restraint of trade occurs when two competitors conspire to crush a
    third competitor. Who is Larry's co-conspirator in your scenario?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:53.184 seconds]