    SubjectRe: New BK License Problem?
    In private email with Larry I asked him to clarify the question to the
    list; he didn't want to; but he did clarify to me the following and said
    I could pass it on. Here is my understanding of what he said.

    It really does appear that if you happen to be employed by a rival of
    Larry's then you aren't allowed to use it, even to check out free
    software unless you talk to Larry first. He seems to be open to working
    out exemptions/work arounds for particular organisations.

    I was worried that this meant that some people didn't have access to
    free software stored with bk; he pointed out that he has gone to great lengths
    to make the file formats fully compatible with SCCS (which answered my
    question of why something in this day and age had messages about SCCS
    appearing). So it should be possible to access the software using
    software other than bitkeeper.

    Now while I happen to not to like the idea of a license that restricts
    usage based on who you happen to work for, my main fear (of people being
    unable to get to hosted software) seems to be irrelevent due to this
    SCCS compatibility. So how does one use SCCS/CSSC to get the bk kernel

    That is my last message on this subject.

    ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
    / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    \ gro.gilbert @ | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.025 / U:39.176 seconds]