    SubjectRe: bare pci configuration access functions ?

    On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:54:57 -0800
    Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:

    > > That's the way ACPI driver designers took and Linux can benefit
    > > from other OS's feedback in OS-independent part.
    >
    > Can I ask if any of the development for other OSs has actually helped
    > Linux development? I'm just curious.

    FreeBSD's acpi project is a good example.
    http://www.jp.freebsd.org/acpi/index.html
    (though this page doesn't seem to reflect recent status)

    They share the same code base (OS-independent part) as Linux
    and troubles FreeBSD had are troubles Linux will have or vice versa.

    Its mailing-list is based in Japan but most discussions
    are in English and some intel developers are also in the list.

    AFAIK the aic7xxx driver has similar structure.

    Thanks,
    --
    KOCHI, Takayoshi <t-kouchi@cq.jp.nec.com/t-kouchi@mvf.biglobe.ne.jp>