SubjectRe: The Ext3sj Filesystem
Date
Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Matthew J. Fanto wrote:
>
>> I am annoucing the development of the ext3sj filesystem. Ext3sj is a new
>> encrypted filesystem based off ext3. Ext3sj is an improvement over the
>> current loopback solution because we do not in fact require a loopback
>> device. [snip] Instead, every file is encrypted seperately
>
> Very nice, for exactly the reasons you outlined ;)
>
>> Currently, ext3sj supports the following algorithms: AES, 3DES, Twofish,
>> Serpent, RC6, RC5, RC2, Blowfish, CAST-256, XTea, Safer+, SHA1, SHA256,
>> SHA384, SHA512, MD5, with more to come. If anyone has any comments,
>
> How about using the algorithms that are already in the kernel
> via the crypto API so all of the kernel can share the same
> crypto algorithms ?

I agree, as this seems like the logical approach. However, why not just add
the missing algorithms in the list above to the CryptoAPI while your at it?
That way, we really give users a choice over which algorithm they prefer to
use, but also maintaining a centralized API for them.

Cheers,
Nicholas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.091 / U:0.452 seconds]