    SubjectRe: [patch] pcibus_to_node() addition to topology infrastructure
    Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > This is a nice addition, but just FYI there are SGI systems that have
    > PCI busses attached to more than one node. I guess for now we can just
    > round-robin through the attached nodes for the return value.
    > Thanks,
    > Jesse

    Ah, yes... The p-bricks, i-bricks, etc. right?

    Yes, I suppose a round-robin return for the SGI version of the macro
    would work... Certainly not ideal, but it would work. The problem is
    if you assume that binding several processes to the node PCI bus X is on
    will ensure that those processes are on the same node. In this case
    (SGI), it would be a false assumption. I suppose that's what you get
    for assuming, though? ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:43.500 seconds]