SubjectRe: Abbott and Costello meet Crunch Time -- Penultimate 2.5 merge candidate list.
Dave Cinege wrote:

>On Sunday 27 October 2002 21:17, Rob Landley wrote:
>

>>This is the next to last posting of this list. (When abbott and costello
>>meet the monster, its time is almost up.) There will be at most one more,
>>tomorrow, and it may just be a repost of this cc'd to Linus. (Those
>>of you waiting for the last minute, this would be it.)
>>

>Knock off initramfs off...I'll be posting something that
>supercedes it (IMO) within the next 72 hours.
>
>Aside from providing full untar suppprt, it DRAMATICALLY
>cleans up do_mounts.c and moves all the initrd code that was
>there to initrd.c. Infact I pretty much entirly rewrote initrd,
>so it makes sense. (purging prehistoric junk, etc.)

lol

untar - cpio is better.
initrd - 99% moved out of the kernel
do_mounts - moved out of the kernel completely
initramfs - should be ready for Linus in the next day or so.

None of that junk -- and a whole lot more -- needs to be in the kernel
at all.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.230 / U:0.020 seconds]