    SubjectThe Ext3sj Filesystem

    I am annoucing the development of the ext3sj filesystem. Ext3sj is a new
    encrypted filesystem based off ext3. Ext3sj is an improvement over the
    current loopback solution because we do not in fact require a loopback
    device. Encryption/decryption is transparent to the user, so the only thing
    they will need to know is their key, and how to mount a device. We do not
    encrypt the entire volume under the same key as some solutions do (this can
    not only aid in a known-plaintext attack, but it gives the users less
    options). Instead, every file is encrypted seperately under the key of the
    users choice. We are also adding support for reading keys off floppies,
    cdroms, and USB keychain drives. Currently, ext3sj supports the following
    algorithms: AES, 3DES, Twofish, Serpent, RC6, RC5, RC2, Blowfish, CAST-256,
    XTea, Safer+, SHA1, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, MD5, with more to come.
    If anyone has any comments, questions, or would like to request an algorithm
    be added, please let me know.

    -Matthew J. Fanto

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.030 / U:79.008 seconds]