    SubjectRe: [rfc][patch] DriverFS Topology + per-node (NUMA) meminfo
    Rusty Russell wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:50:25 -0700
    > Matthew Dobson <colpatch@us.ibm.com> wrote:
    >

    >>[ patch ]
    >

    > This clashes with my "move cpu driverfs to generic code" patch.

    Yes, yes it does. It does a lot of similar things though. My patch
    does not take advantage of the DECLARE_PER_CPU macros, etc. But it also
    offers node-topology info and per-node meminfo. I'd like to see them
    work together. Most of the conflict is simply in where we put the
    driverfs CPU code. Your patch moves it (w/ additions) to kernel/cpu.c,
    whereas mine moves it (also w/ different additions) to
    drivers/base/cpu.c. I think that the drivers/base is a bit more
    appropriate for the driverfs specific code (struct device_driver
    cpu_driver, the array of cpu_devices...). Also, I made the registration
    routines arch-specific, because I figured that different architectures
    may want to add arch-specific info, and register devices at different
    times, in different orders, etc. I also didn't incorporate the
    cpu_notifier stuff, which I should have.

    What do you think of my patch (other than the obvious that it conflicts
    with yours)?

    Cheers!

    -Matt

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.022 / U:88.640 seconds]