SubjectRe: 2.5.44-ac3 usb audio - illegal sleep call
Greg KH wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 02:13:42PM -0400, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> > Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > > Go edit usbout_completed() and usbin_completed(). Change the GFP_KERNEL
> > > in usb_submit_urb to GFP_ATOMIC.
> > > Does that help ?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Oliver
> >

> > Hi guys,
> > No... Well, actually, it does change which function gives the
> > warning. Now usbout_sync_completed is complaining.
>
> Heh, can you change that instance of GFP_KERNEL to GFP_ATOMIC too?
>
> thanks,

Yes, I went ahead and tried that. I also had do it in usbout_start()
and usbin_sync_completed(). Now I can play audio without any of those
warnings showing up in the log.

This may be unrelated, but I also see the usb audio device fail after
some uses. For example, using xine with the oss output module will only
play audio for a short time, then audio stops. After that point it is
impossible to restore audio function from everything I've tried. I am
unable to kill -9 xine successfully, and unable to rmmod the usb audio
driver to try and reload it. Only a full reboot will bring it back to
life (I'm sure there are things I haven't tried...)

--
Kevin