SubjectRe: How to get number of physical CPU in linux from user space?

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 01:27:00AM -0700, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> Define "physical CPU number" ;-) If you want to deteact which

I mean the number of cpu chip you can count on the mother board.

> ones are paired up, I believe that if all but the last bit
> of the apicid is the same, they're siblings. You might have to
> dig the apicid out of the bootlog if the cpuinfo stuff doesn't
> tell you.

And you are right. Those apicid, after mask out the siblings,
are put in phys_cpu_id[] array in kernel.

I think about look at bootlog too, but that is not a reliable
way because bootlog might already been flush out after some