    SubjectRe: [Linux-ia64] Re: PCI Hotplug Drivers for 2.5
    On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:12:36PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > I think we now all agree that resource management should move into a
    > place where it can be shared by all pci hotplug drivers, right?
    > If so, anyone want to propose some common code? I think the stuff in
    > the ACPI driver that was pulled from the Compaq driver is a great start.
    > I can try to pull this into the core myself, but if the Intel developers
    > have the time, and energy, I would greatly appreciate their help (or
    > anyone else who wants to join in.)

    We already _have_ a lot of common code in drivers/pci, but it's not
    compiled in for x86 or ia64. some other architectures don't assign PCI
    resources in the `BIOS' so we get to do it. setup-bus.c, setup-res.c
    and setup-irq.c all seem to duplicate some part of the code currently
    found in each and every hotplug driver.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:39.228 seconds]