    SubjectRe: Crunch time -- the musical. (2.5 merge candidate list 1.5)
    > The situation is really funny: Everybody seems to agree that the design
    > ideas in my NUMA aproach are sane and exactly what we want to have on
    > a NUMA platform in the end. But instead of concentrating on tuning the
    > parameters for the many different NUMA platforms and reshaping this
    > aproach to make it acceptable, IBM concentrates on a very much stripped
    > down aproach.

    From my point of view, the reason for focussing on this was that
    your scheduler degraded the performance on my machine, rather than
    boosting it. Half of that was the more complex stuff you added on
    top ... it's a lot easier to start with something simple that works
    and build on it, than fix something that's complex and doesn't work

    I still haven't been able to get your scheduler to boot for about
    the last month without crashing the system. Andrew says he has it
    booting somehow on 2.5.44-mm4, so I'll steal his kernel tommorow and
    see how it looks. If the numbers look good for doing boring things
    like kernel compile, SDET, etc, I'm happy.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:2.156 seconds]