SubjectRe: feature request - why not make netif_rx() a pointer?
Slavcho Nikolov wrote:

> As for GPL, I hope that commercial enterprises be allowed to utilize
> business models
> which do not necessarily consist in providing services around free software.
> The more replaceable hooks you provide to filesystems and network stacks,
> the better.

I don't think you understand the nature of the GPL and linux development.

The kernel developers do not have any obligation to anything other than
technical excellence. You're getting a highly optimized operating
system *at no financial cost*. In return, the community requires that
certain types of modifications be made publicly available.

If you want to replace the messaging code, make a GPL'd kernel patch and
make it available to your clients (of course they can then publish it
all over the place if they so desire). If those terms are not
acceptable, there's always BSD.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10