    SubjectRe: rtnetlink interface state monitoring problems.

    On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Tim Hockin wrote:

    > > If not, it probably time for someone to write a generic notification
    > > scheme via netlink.
    >
    > How generic? I need to pay some attention to cleaning up the next version
    > of the link-changes via netlink patch that was discussed last week or the
    > week before.

    The patch posted by Stefan seems good to me and ready to merge.

    > What kind of generic are you thinking about? :)

    netlink is a messaging system; so what i am thinking is creating
    a event notifier for other devices other than network devices.
    Something other non-network devices could use (eg bluetooth).
    Given that netlink packetizes the data, this facilitates a distributed
    control type of environment.

    cheers,
    jamal

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.021 / U:97.540 seconds]