    SubjectRe: Listmaster request: Do not blacklist

    > The point I was making was that you and Richard Stallman do not have the
    > same goal in mind. His goal is to alleviate what he percieves as an ill
    > in society. Your goal is to run a business. You have stated so yourself.

    > Well, Richards goal is to force his ideology on everyone. Larry's goal
    > in lkml context is to help to reduce Linus' load, in the context of
    > his business, Bitkeeper it's probably to make money - at least enough
    > for him and his employees to live.

    He's done more than one thing in the past that has made me want to tear
    my hair out. I agree with you. He has a bit to much "my way or my way"
    seasoning for my tastes as well and I honestly do wish that RMS would
    give an honest shot at trying to convert the world to his way of
    thinking in smaller steps... One thing to his credit though... He
    has accomplished an awful lot. Would you agree with this?

    >> The point I was making was that you and Richard Stallman do not have the
    >> same goal in mind. His goal is to alleviate what he percieves as an ill
    >> in society. Your goal is to run a business. You have stated so yourself.

    > Well, Richards goal is to force his ideology on everyone. Larry's goal
    > in lkml context is to help to reduce Linus' load, in the context of
    > his business, Bitkeeper it's probably to make money - at least enough
    > for him and his employees to live.

    If we accept your argument as it stands, then my point is valid. Larry
    and RMS don't have the same goal. I don't agree with Larry and your
    stand about Larry's goal, but I'll follow that up in my reply to Larry
    this evening.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:27.332 seconds]