    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.44 - and offline for a week
    Rob Landley <> writes:

    > On Saturday 19 October 2002 07:41, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
    >> Since I'm not a contributor, I know my opinion doesn't count for much.
    >> Still, as a user I think it is important not to write of new features just
    >> because they didn't make the "arbitrary" freeze date. Again, I really
    >> don't see what the rush is all about.
    > Who says anything about writing off features? 3.0 isn't the end of the world.
    > The kernel team is trying to get it out now so people don't have to wait
    > another year or more to use the new features that have ALREADY gotten in.

    Quoting from

    "In short, the next version of linux (0.99.15) will be a "full-featured"
    release, and only obvious bug-fixes to existing features will be applied
    before calling it 1.0. If this means that your favourite feature or
    networking version won't make it, don't despair: there is life even
    after beta (and it's probably not worth mailing me about it any more:
    I've seen quite a few favourite features already ;-)."

    Regards, Olaf.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.023 / U:6.440 seconds]