    SubjectRe: Bitkeeper outrage, old and new
    Date
    Larry,

    I visited:

    http://www.bitkeeper.com/

    clicked on products, then clicked on downloads & status, and then
    clicked on the link to the free use license, which links to:

    http://www.bitkeeper.com/Sales.Licensing.Free.html

    Presumably this can be considered a typical way to navigate through
    the site.

    The license I was presented with was the BitKeeper License version
    1.37, 02/18/02. This does not include the clause about the license
    being unavailable to people who are developing a competing product to
    Bitkeeper.

    I pointed this out to you in a private E-Mail, but I didn't receive a
    response - I think it is very confusing for people to believe that
    they are licensed to use the product, only to later be told that they
    are not.

    John.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.034 / U:391.512 seconds]