SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] October 21, 2002
Date
On Monday 21 October 2002 06:22, Guillaume Boissiere wrote:
> Updated my list with changes pointed out by Rob and Rusty.

Cool. :)

> http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status/

But wait, there's more! :) Specfically, four or five new items at the end of
the list, a bit more research on the unresolved stuff, and one dropped item
(zoom support) which Alan said was just a driver forward-port from 2.4 rather
than a significant new feature.

I'll post the updated one in a minute or two...

> I am not too clear what exactly is expected to be merged for
> IPv6 (everything from USAGI?) so I removed it and replaced
> by IPsec and CryptoAPI.

I'm waiting to hear about that myself...

> Also, are initramfs, ext2/3 resize for 2.7/3.1?

Initramfs somebody has to ask Al Viro about, but at this point, the user space
stuff (including H. Peter Anvin's klib) to make initramfs useful isn't ready
enough for it to be useful, so I'm guessing it's next unstable series.

The main benefit from initramfs is the ability to rip stuff out of the kernel
and put it in userspace early. There's not likely to be much ripping out
done after the feature freeze, so even if the infrastructure went in at this
point...

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:2.381 / U:0.020 seconds]