    SubjectRe: Bitkeeper outrage, old and new
    On 21 Oct 2002, Xavier Bestel wrote:
    > Le dim 20/10/2002 à 23:51, Robert Love a écrit :

    > > The assignment says (I quote) "I hereby transfer... my entire right,
    > > title, and interest (including all rights under copyright)... in my
    > > program".
    >
    > Last time I looked, it wasn't possible to relinquish copyright on your
    > own work, no matter what you sign. Maybe it's not like that in all
    > countries, after all.

    Germany (and France, judging from your words) have laws that
    guarantee that the creator of a work keeps copyright on the
    work. At least, part of the copyright cannot be signed over
    to other people or organisations.

    I wonder if this means the FSF can't accept contributions
    from these countries, or if they've found some weasel-words
    around the legislation of those countries...

    Rik
    Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:"october@surriel.com">october@surriel.com</a>