SubjectRe: Bitkeeper outrage, old and new
On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Jon Portnoy wrote:

> The issue here is using non-free software to develop free software. This,
> too, makes a political statement: "we don't mind if freedom is being
> denied as long as we're able to work efficiently."

Or more accurately: "we're using a non-free piece of software
because none of the free software fanatics have gotten away
from their flame^Wmail reader for a moment to create a suitable
piece of free software."

If you _really_ care about the Linux developers using a non-free
piece of software and you want to change the situation, the only
thing you need to do is write a suitable replacement that is free.

Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:""></a>