    SubjectRe: Bitkeeper outrage, old and new
    On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Jon Portnoy wrote:

    > The issue here is using non-free software to develop free software. This,
    > too, makes a political statement: "we don't mind if freedom is being
    > denied as long as we're able to work efficiently."

    Or more accurately: "we're using a non-free piece of software
    because none of the free software fanatics have gotten away
    from their flame^Wmail reader for a moment to create a suitable
    piece of free software."

    If you _really_ care about the Linux developers using a non-free
    piece of software and you want to change the situation, the only
    thing you need to do is write a suitable replacement that is free.

    Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:""></a>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.046 / U:42.432 seconds]