    SubjectRe: 2.4.20pre11aa1
    Hello Andrea,

    On Saturday 19 October 2002 02:00, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > the corrupted module tables rings a bell. I fixed the wrong locking in
    > the module code that could corrupt these tables (they were relying on
    > the bkl but the bkl means nothing if you copy_user in the middle of the
    > loop like the module code does, so I replaced the bkl with a semaphore
    > and that should fix things), but I wonder if I broken something else
    > with these fixes.
    > Here's the patch that I'm talking about, you may want to start the
    > binary search backing this out and see if the problem goes away. if it
    > goes away I clearly need to double check it ;)

    Unfortunately removing that change off kernel/module.c did not help.

    I may be wrong but considering in my case the kernel is crashing whether
    agpgart/radeon are compiled as modules or built-in, I suspect that this issue
    is larger than just modules sub-system.

    Anyway I will start applying the patches from 00* on-wards from your tree to
    see if I can reliably prove where the problem is.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.045 / U:28.184 seconds]