    SubjectRe: [Kernel 2.5] Qlogic 2x00 driver
    On 10/16/02 14:31, GrandMasterLee wrote:
    > On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 01:03, Michael Clark wrote:
    >>On 10/16/02 12:43, GrandMasterLee wrote:
    >>>All hardware configuration bits are perfect, as can be anyway, and we
    >>>still get this behaviour. After 5-6.5 days...the box black screens. So
    >>>bad so, that all the XFS volumes we have, never enter a shutdown. We
    >>>must repair them all, today this happened, and we lost one part of the
    >>>tablespace on our beta db. We're using LVM1, on 2.4.19-aa1.
    >>We had the black screen also until we got the machines oopsing over
    >>serial. The oops was actually showing up in ext3 with a corrupted
    >>bufferhead. Without LVM, i've measured my longest uptime, 17 days x
    >>4 machines in the cluster (68 days) ie. we only did it 17 days ago.
    > I believe you, that was my next thought, but I didn't know if that would
    > really help just to be honest. Thanks for the input there.
    > I've been going crazy trying to catch any piece of sanity out of this
    > thing to understand if this was what was happening or not. I feel a bit
    > dumb for not trying serial console yet, but I knew either that or KDB
    > should tell us something. I will see what we can do, it will take less
    > time to do this, than to reload everything all over again.
    > Should I remove LVM all together, or just not use it? In your opinion.

    I just didn't load the module after migrating my volumes. If the problem
    is a stack problem, then its probably not necessarily a bug in LVM
    - just the combination of it, ext3 and the qlogic driver don't mix well
    - so if its not being used, then it won't be increasing the stack footprint.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.047 / U:14.820 seconds]