SubjectDisplay driver.
I am planning to write a display driver for the chip(MD2406) which is
having ARM7TDMI core.
This chip is having a display interface and JPEG engine.

The purpose is to take JPEG file from user space decode the JPEG file using
hardware decoder in the chip. Display the the jpeg file.

I would like to know from you experts, Should I go for Frame Buffer driver
for this function.

Its able to do the display of jpeg file only from the processor without
using linux.
I am new to display driver. Can I by pass frame buffer method and do the
SDRAM (Display ram) memory acesses directly and acomplish the task. I mean
can I do this driver by using ioctl, and write statement alone. As a normal
charactor driver.
Is there any problem in doing so.

Sr. Design Engineer
Software and Embedded Systems Group,