    SubjectDisplay driver.
    Date
    Hi,
    I am planning to write a display driver for the chip(MD2406) which is
    having ARM7TDMI core.
    This chip is having a display interface and JPEG engine.

    The purpose is to take JPEG file from user space decode the JPEG file using
    hardware decoder in the chip. Display the the jpeg file.

    I would like to know from you experts, Should I go for Frame Buffer driver
    for this function.

    Its able to do the display of jpeg file only from the processor without
    using linux.
    I am new to display driver. Can I by pass frame buffer method and do the
    SDRAM (Display ram) memory acesses directly and acomplish the task. I mean
    can I do this driver by using ioctl, and write statement alone. As a normal
    charactor driver.
    Is there any problem in doing so.
    Regards

    SunilKumar.T
    Sr. Design Engineer
    Software and Embedded Systems Group,
    BPL TELECOM LTD.
    11th K. M., Bannerghatta Road,
    Bangalore 560076.
    Ph. No.91-80- 6589080 etx.2058

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.021 / U:61.140 seconds]