    SubjectRe: [BUG] pl2303 oops in 2.4.20-pre10 (and 2.5 too)
    On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 01:56:04PM -0700, Barry K. Nathan wrote:
    > The following patch (which reverts part of 2.4.20-pre2) seems to fix my
    > pl2303 oopsing (and let me use the device properly again) in 2.4.20-pre2
    > through -pre5. This patch doesn't work with -pre6 or up though (due to
    > white space differences and, more importantly, the removal of all 6
    > variables referenced in the if-statement).
    > Anyway, I'm posting this in case it provides another clue as to what's
    > not working.

    Ah, thanks for finding this. Yes this does help, a bit. Hm. What /dev
    device are you trying to write to, ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1? Yeah, I think we
    need this kind of check back in to fix this problem, but I don't see off
    the top of my head how to add it back...

    And yes, the problem in 2.5 where you see the device register itself
    twice is a known bug (to me at least), it goes away if you disable
    CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC. It's on my TODO list, which seems to be
    getting longer every day...

    Any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated. Basically we don't
    want to claim the interface that only has the interrupt endpoint on it
    for this device, as we kinda already did in the section entitled END
    HORRIBLE HACK FOR PL2303. I guess we could just mark that interface as
    claimed already, and then probe() would not get called again. Want to
    throw a call to usb_driver_claim_interface() into that section, grabbing
    that interface, and see if that works?

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:68.832 seconds]