    SubjectRe: New BK License Problem?
    Hi!

    > It's worth noting that the kernel's use of BK has and will continue to
    > expose either weaknesses in BK or missing features. We already know
    > of enough things that need engineering for the kernel (and any other
    > kernel sized project) to keep us busy for a couple of years. If we
    > GPLed BK today it would do two things:
    >
    > 1) make you stop yelling at us
    > 2) stop BK development

    And

    3) make me use it.

    and

    4) have widely-usable CVS replacement.

    > It costs a lot of money to do what we are doing, we know exactly how
    > much, and a GPLed answer won't support those costs. We have to do
    > what

    Even if *you* stopped developping bitkeeper, there would be plenty of
    other people to develop it, into way better product.

    If you don't think GPLed bitkeeper can not be developed, then I do not
    know why you are trying to kill subversion.

    Aha, you addressed that:

    > The reason we don't want to help our competitors is that they want
    > to imitate us. That's fine on the surface, a GPLed clone solves the
    > immediate problems you see, but it doesn't address how to solve the next
    > generation of problems. You'd need a team of at least 6-8 senior
    > kernel

    By the time it takes to clone you you should have "next generation"
    ready. If not, then you are doing something wrong.

    Pavel
    --
    When do you have heart between your knees?