SubjectRe: linux kernel conf 0.8
[cc: trimmed]

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:18:06AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Personally I don't care about Config dependency checking... they are
> not modified often enough to affect me, and even if they did, dependency
> checking based on changes to Config files can get ugly, AFAICS. I just
> do a "bk -r co -Sq" and am done with it...
I care a lot about Config dependency checking, and you are not within the
group of people that I care about in this respect.

kernel-hackers has no problem realising that a "make oldconfig" is needed.

But I care about NN that follows 2.6 development, and update his/her
tree each time a new version is posted at
This group of people needs dependency checking on Config files -
as can be seen by the number of reports that boils down to
"run make oldconfig".
Which we btw. have not seen the last couple of weeeks, but I still think
is good.