    SubjectRe: linux kernel conf 0.8
    [cc: trimmed]

    On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:18:06AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Personally I don't care about Config dependency checking... they are
    > not modified often enough to affect me, and even if they did, dependency
    > checking based on changes to Config files can get ugly, AFAICS. I just
    > do a "bk -r co -Sq" and am done with it...
    I care a lot about Config dependency checking, and you are not within the
    group of people that I care about in this respect.

    kernel-hackers has no problem realising that a "make oldconfig" is needed.

    But I care about NN that follows 2.6 development, and update his/her
    tree each time a new version is posted at
    This group of people needs dependency checking on Config files -
    as can be seen by the number of reports that boils down to
    "run make oldconfig".
    Which we btw. have not seen the last couple of weeeks, but I still think
    is good.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:7.352 seconds]