    SubjectRe: linux kernel conf 0.8
    Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >

    >>Which implies that the equivalent of "source drivers/net/Config*"
    >>(wildcarding) in Roman's system would be useful. Or maybe "source
    >>drivers/net" and it knows that when given a directory it should scan for
    >>all Config* files in that dir.
    >

    > This makes dependency checking problematic, as we constantly have to
    > check for new config files. How would I teach make/kbuild this?

    I won't answer the question, but instead pose a future problem: if
    drivers are to be added without patching anything, that implies that the
    kbuild makefile rules for the driver are also added without patching.

    Personally I don't care about Config dependency checking... they are
    not modified often enough to affect me, and even if they did, dependency
    checking based on changes to Config files can get ugly, AFAICS. I just
    do a "bk -r co -Sq" and am done with it...

    I didn't say life was easy ;-) ;-)

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:1.512 seconds]