    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.40 - and a feature freeze reminder
    On Tuesday 01 October 2002 10:23, Thomas Molina wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > > But from what we've seen lately, there really aren't reports of
    > > corrupted disks or anything like that that I've seen. Which is
    > > obviously not to say that it couldn't happen, but it's not a very likely
    > > occurrence.
    > I'll echo what Linus says, FWIW. I'm carrying several ide-related
    > problems on my problem report status page
    > (
    > but they are all related to different bits loading/unloading incorrectly.
    > I've not seen a single report of data corruption on the 2.4-ac forward
    > ported ide code.

    OK Neato, i'll give it a spin. Well, as soon as I can get my hands on a 2.5.40
    kernel, which seem to be quite unavailable as seems to be
    down, and it ain't synced towards the mirrors yet.

    The Abrams' Principle:
    The shortest distance between two points is off the wall.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.019 / U:0.696 seconds]