    SubjectRe: KDSETKEYCODE work with new input layer?
    On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:49:08PM -0400, Skip Ford wrote:
    > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > > On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:32:02AM -0400, Skip Ford wrote:
    > > > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > > >
    > > > setkeycodes rejects it.
    > > >
    > > > I changed setkeycodes.c to add 256 instead of 128 and bumped up the
    > > > bounds checking, but it's still strange. It now works for e063, but
    > > > still doesn't work for e05e. Many other keys in the same area as 0x5e
    > > > don't work. The only one that does work that I tried is e063.
    > >
    > > There is another thing that has changed - the scancode numbers. So if
    > > you're using the same commands as on 2.4, you're setting scancodes for
    > > different keys. We now use 'at keyboard - set 2' scancodes as opposed to
    > > 'xt keyboard - set 1' used by the older driver. See the 'dmesg' output
    > > for keys ("unknown scancode ...") that are not known to the keyboard
    > > driver.
    >
    > showkey is still showing me the same scancodes.

    The raw mode showkey -s is now using to show scancodes is completely
    simulated by the kernel.

    > The new AT driver
    > doesn't log any 'unknown scancode' messages for the same buttons the
    > old XT driver did.

    That means it understands them. If it did not, showkey -s wouldn't work.

    > > > Will you be releasing an updated kbd package?
    > >
    > > Well, I'm not the maintainer of the kbd package, but I probably will
    > > have to release a new tool to set the keycode table.
    >
    > Sorry about that. Didn't mean to volunteer you. Thanks for all your
    > help. I'll try to verify the scancodes I'm using.

    Just update the keymap - you don't need to change the scancode table if
    the keys are working.

    --
    Vojtech Pavlik
    SuSE Labs