    SubjectRe: KDSETKEYCODE work with new input layer?
    Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:32:02AM -0400, Skip Ford wrote:
    > > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > >
    > > setkeycodes rejects it.
    > >
    > > I changed setkeycodes.c to add 256 instead of 128 and bumped up the
    > > bounds checking, but it's still strange. It now works for e063, but
    > > still doesn't work for e05e. Many other keys in the same area as 0x5e
    > > don't work. The only one that does work that I tried is e063.
    >
    > There is another thing that has changed - the scancode numbers. So if
    > you're using the same commands as on 2.4, you're setting scancodes for
    > different keys. We now use 'at keyboard - set 2' scancodes as opposed to
    > 'xt keyboard - set 1' used by the older driver. See the 'dmesg' output
    > for keys ("unknown scancode ...") that are not known to the keyboard
    > driver.

    showkey is still showing me the same scancodes. The new AT driver
    doesn't log any 'unknown scancode' messages for the same buttons the
    old XT driver did.

    > > Will you be releasing an updated kbd package?
    >
    > Well, I'm not the maintainer of the kbd package, but I probably will
    > have to release a new tool to set the keycode table.

    Sorry about that. Didn't mean to volunteer you. Thanks for all your
    help. I'll try to verify the scancodes I'm using.

    --
    Skip