    SubjectRe: Page table sharing
    > I'm not sure how relevant page table sharing has to the halloween
    > deadline since it's not a feature per se, just an optimization.
    > It has more to do with getting numa ia32 boxes to survive, so it's
    > an ideal out-of-tree patch.

    Any large 32 bit box with significant numbers of processes will need
    it to cope with the bloat that rmap introduced - this has nothing to
    do with NUMA (some apps may be saved by large pages, some not).
    Avoiding hangs from ZONE_NORMAL oom is not an "optimisation", and I
    doubt optimisations involving major VM changes would be very welcome
    after the freeze. This is something we need to get working ASAP ...

    M.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.019 / U:148.056 seconds]