    SubjectRe: initramfs programs (was [RFC] klibc requirements)
    At 21:40 09/01/2002, Greg KH wrote:
    >On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:34:34PM +0000, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
    > > Partition discovery is currently done within the kernel itself. The code
    > > will effectively 'just' move out into user space. As such it is not
    > present
    > > in /sbin now but it will be in initramfs. The same is true for various
    > > other code I can imagine moving out of kernel mode into initramfs...
    >
    >For this code, I can see it staying in the kernel source tree, and being
    >built as part of the kernel build process, right?

    I would think that is a good idea but I am not sure that is what is planned
    / will happen. Keeping it outside would have the advantage that a newer
    partition recognizer (or whatever other code) can be applied to any
    existing kernel version (that supports initramfs).

    Anton

    --
    "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
    Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/