    SubjectRe: initramfs programs (was [RFC] klibc requirements)
    Andreas Ferber <>:
    > Then add an init script and include installation of it to the
    > installation steps of your autoconfigurator (it has to be installed
    > anyway). If a distributor packages your program, he will include the
    > init script into his package and enable it according to his init
    > policy, or write an own init script, if your provided one doesn't
    > fit.
    > That's the way it works for network daemons etc. for years.

    This sounds like good advice. The autoconfigurator is part of CML2,
    which I expect to be distributed with the kernel. Does that change
    your advice at all?

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
    will make violent revolution inevitable."
    -- John F. Kennedy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.027 / U:15.232 seconds]