    SubjectRe: initramfs programs (was [RFC] klibc requirements)
    >> Here's what I want to have in my initramfs:
    >> - /sbin/hotplug
    >> - /sbin/modprobe
    >> - modules.dep (needed for modprobe, but is a text file)
    >> What does everyone else need/want there?
    > It is planned to move partition discovery to userspace which would then
    > instruct the kernel of the positions of various partitions.
    > The program(s) to do this will need to be in pretty much everyones
    > initramfs...

    What with mounting root via NFS, hence having to set up
    IP et al, mounting various different
    partition types, avoiding the kludge of fsck etc.,
    being able to recover from a corrupted root, you
    might as well just cpio up your /sbin and stick
    that in, and be able to run single user mode without
    a 'normal' root. <FX: ducks & runs>

    seriously point: ls /sbin gives a /maximum/ range I'd
    have thought.

    Alex Bligh