    SubjectRe: system time issue
    "Richard B. Johnson" wrote:
    > The code works by disabling paging while executing code where
    > there is not a 1:1 physical/virtual page mapping. I have never
    > found a system, even one with two CPUs that did not instantly
    > reset.

    All you are doing is causing a triple fault, started with most likely an
    invalid op fault. There are many ways of doing that, including the no
    idt way the kernel currently uses, which IMHO would be more reliable
    that depending on the processor crashing on random memory.

    Brian Gerst

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.023 / U:30.924 seconds]