    SubjectRe: initramfs programs (was [RFC] klibc requirements)
    Hi!

    > > > It is planned to move partition discovery to userspace which would then
    > > > instruct the kernel of the positions of various partitions.
    > >
    > > Hmm, and when you insert PCMCIA harddrive, what happens?
    >
    > If you're booting from that hard drive, you make sure you have the modules
    > to talk to the drive. In general, you only need to modules to mount the
    > real root partition, right?

    But that means that I'll need partition discovery code twice. Once on
    initrd, and once on my root, because if I insert PCMCIA harddrive on
    runtime, I'll need same detection.
    Pavel
    --
    Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.