SubjectRe: IDE Patch SIS ATA100
Jussi Laako wrote:

> Andre Hedrick wrote:
>>Thanks for the feedback, but lkml needs it or it will not be adopted.
>>I know the driver is stable and effectively perfect in operations.
>>So I do not understand the total ignore I receive about it.
> Just to avoid overperfectness... ;))
> Has anyone succeeded in fixing the sis5513 driver to work with ATA100 chips?
> I get heavy disk corruption with SiS730S chipset mobo (ASUS A7S-VM).
> Best regards,
> - Jussi Laako

I'm on it. Had some intermittent successes and thought to have a correct
patch until today (one 2002 week with ATA100)...
But I had a bugreport today and same dma problems on my machine after a
BIOS flashing and a new drive in the system.
Currently in heavy debugging.

PB: chip seems to init itself correctly on extended periods of time on
my config! Makes testing rather difficult :-(

For example, with the *exact* same code this evening I had:
- a system freeze just after /sbin/init load,
- a crash after ext3 fs errors before init,
- a somewhat working boot (some weird library errors caused "ip" to not
- a fully functionnal system (no error reported, some file copies,
reboot with ide=nodma, e2fsck -f -> no error).

If you have a system you can test on without fear of breaking things
I'll send you patches as soon as they'll work again on my config.
Better if you want to proof-read the code :