    SubjectRe: swapping,any updates ?? Just wasted money on mem upgrade performance still suck :-(
    On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:55:39 +0100
    christian e <> wrote:

    > Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:

    > > Please try a stock 2.4.17 (with the patch), otherwise we will have no idea
    what> > is going on.
    > Just patched the kernel and booted it up..To begin with it looked OK and
    > there wasn't any swapping.Even firing up VMware didn't cause it to swap..

    That is fine.

    > Then all of a sudden the mouse started moving all over the screen and
    > left and right clicking on everything on it's own. ?? Really weird..
    > Ran like that for 5 minutes then the machine crashed hard.

    This is for sure no VM issue. This is strange, is this with VMware started,
    inside XP? Does this happen under Linux-only, too (with no vmware running)?
    It doesn't even look quite like a linux issue at all. Just guessing: do you
    have a virus-checker for XP at hand? Only to make sure...

    > I assigned 192 MB for XP that should be more than enough..And as long as
    > Linux doesn't swap it is..

    This can be driven without swap for sure.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.028 / U:128.464 seconds]