    SubjectCONFIG_HIMEM instability?
    I recently upgraded my machine to 1GB so I had to switch on the
    CONFIG_HIGHMEM setting. Ever since although the kernel has been OK
    userspace apps have started dropping out for no apparent reason
    (gkrellm, for example, crashes about every 10 minutes).

    What does CONFIG_HIGHMEM actually modify that could affect userspace? I
    was under the impression it just moved the kernel structures higher up
    in the memory space.

    Unfortunately memtest86 is incompatible with this mobo, but the memory
    checks out on another machine I tried it on, so I expect it's OK.

    "Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
    security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.021 / U:10.440 seconds]